The European Union Committee has published its fifteenth report on Brexit-related international agreements.
This report considers five international agreements, of which one has been brought to the special attention of the House:
- Agreement on Admission to the Labour Market for a Temporary Transitional Period following the withdrawal of the UK from the EU and the Free Movement of Persons Agreement (CP 152, 2019)
The Agreement establishes temporary provision for the access of UK workers to the Swiss labour market and vice versa. It only come into force in a ‘no deal’ scenario.
A further four international agreements have been reported for information:
- Grains Trade Convention, 1995 (CP 159, 1995)
- International Sugar Agreement, 1992 (CP 157, 2019)
- International Coffee Agreement., 2007 (CP 155, 2019)
- Agreement establishing the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (CP 156, 2019)
A short 'explainer' on the Lords EU Committee scrutiny of treaties is available on our website: