On Wednesday 12 July, the EU Select Committee will travel to Brussels to continue its work on Brexit.
The Committee will separately meet:
- Michel Barnier, EU Chief Brexit Negotiator
- Guy Vehofstadt MEP, European Parliament Chief Brexit Negotiator
The subjects for discussion will include:
- Progress made in the Brexit negotiations so far
- The EU's and UK's proposals on the rights of UK and EU citizens post-Brexit
- Measures to mitigate any negative impact of Brexit on the island of Ireland
- The Brexit financial settlement
- The UK's future relationship with the EU.
Although the meetings will be held in private, verbatim transcripts will be taken and will be published on the Committee website in the coming days.
Image: European Parliament