On Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 July the EU Select Committee travels to Brussels to continue its scrutiny of Brexit negotiations.
The Committee will meet:
- Michel Barnier, EU Chief Brexit negotiator
The subjects for discussion will include:
- Progress made in the Brexit negotiations so far, and the timetable for finalising the Withdrawal Agreement
- The UK Government White Paper published on 12 July 2018
- The proposal for a backstop agreement for Ireland and Northern Ireland
- The prospects for the October 2018 political declaration accompanying the Withdrawal Agreement
- The future UK-EU security partnership
Although the meeting with M Barnier will be held in private, a verbatim transcript will be taken and will be published on the Committee website in the coming days.
Image: © European Union, 2018/Photo: Mauro Bottaro