On Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 February, the EU Select Committee travels to Brussels to continue its scrutiny of Brexit negotiations.
The Committee will separately meet:
- Michel Barnier, EU Chief Brexit Negotiator
- Guy Vehofstadt MEP, European Parliament Chief Brexit Negotiator
The subjects for discussion will include:
- Progress made in the Brexit negotiations so far
- EU citizens' rights in the UK, and UK citizens' rights in the EU
- Key principles of any transitional agreement
- Practical implications for the Irish border following the phase one agreement
- Structure of phase two negotiations
Although the meetings will be held in private, verbatim transcripts will be taken and will be published on the Committee website in the coming days.
Image: European Parliament