The EU Select Committee hears evidence from academic, legal and trade experts as inquiry into Brexit: deal or no deal continues.
Tuesday 17 October in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Roderick Abbott, Senior Adviser on Trade Policy, ECIPE
- Professor Catherine Barnard, Professor of European Law, University of Cambridge
- Professor Anand Menon, King’s College London/The UK in a Changing Europe
- What are the likely implications of 'no deal'?
- Is enough being done by the Government to prepare for the possibility of 'no deal'?
- What action should the Government be taking to prepare for ‘no deal’?
- What would be the legal basis of any transition agreement, both from the UK and EU sides?
- What are the necessary components of a transition arrangement?
- How will the UK-EU relationship be conducted during the transition period?