As part of its on-going inquiry into Brexit: devolution, the EU Committee hears from Sammy Wilson MP on the impact of Brexit on Northern Ireland.
Tuesday 14 March in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster, at 4.00pm
- Sammy Wilson MP, Democratic Unionist Party
Topics covered in the meeting will include:
- The political, economic and legal implications for Northern Ireland, and the other devolved nations, of the Brexit model that the UK Government is pursuing
- The benefits of Brexit to Northern Ireland
- The implications to the Irish land border, in particular for cross-border movement of goods, services and people
- The role of the Northern Ireland Assembly, for instance with regard to the 'Great Repeal Bill'
- Whether or not there are sufficient resources in Northern Ireland to take on additional responsibilities post-Brexit
Image: Parliamentary copyright