On Tuesday 21 March, the House of Lords debates the EU Committee's report on Brexit: Gibraltar.
The debate follows publication of a report by the EU Select Committee which was published on 1 March 2017. The key areas considered in the report include:
- The value of access to the single market and EU funding in supporting Gibraltar's economic development
- The maintenance of economic links between Gibraltar and the UK
- The importance of cross-border movement of people to the economies of both Gibraltar and the neighbouring region of Spain
- Cross-border cooperation, particularly in the area of security and policing
- Ways to maintain and improve relations between Spain, the UK and Gibraltar post-Brexit.
The debate will be introduced by Lord Boswell of Aynho, Chair of the European Union Committee. Baroness Goldie will respond for the Government.
Other members of the House of Lords who are due to speak in the debate can be viewed in the Speakers' Lists.