As part of its on-going inquiry into Brexit: devolution, the EU Committee hears from two former Ministers and former Plaid Cymru leader Lord Wigley on the impact of Brexit on Wales. Later the Committee will take evidence via a video link from Welsh Government minister Mark Drakeford AM.
Wednesday 15 March in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster, at 9.35am
- Lord Hain
- Lord Hunt of Wirral
- Lord Wigley
- Mark Drakeford AM, Cabinet Secretary for finance and local government, Welsh Government
Topics covered in the meeting include:
- The political, economic and legal implications for Wales, and the other devolved nations, of the Brexit model that the UK Government is pursuing
- The Welsh Government's priorities in Brexit negotiations
- The role of the Welsh Assembly, for instance with regard to the 'Great Repeal Bill'
- The possibility of nations and regions of the UK having differentiated terms of exit from the EU
Image: Parliamentary copyright