The European Union Select Committee takes evidence from the Rt Hon David Lidington MP, Minister for Europe on a variety of issues, including the EU’s response to the recent terrorist attacks in Brussels, the effectiveness so far of the EU-Turkey deal on migrants, and how the Government is attempting to make the case for EU membership ahead of the referendum.
Tuesday 19 April in Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon David Lidington MP, Minister for Europe
- How is the EU seeking to respond to the Brussels terrorist attacks?
- How effective has the process of returning irregular migrants crossing from Turkey into Greek islands been since it became operational on 20 March?
- Is it true that the Government is blocking moves at EU level to increase tariffs for Chinese steel imports?
- Is the Government articulating "an inclusive and positive vision of the UK's role in a reformed and more flexible EU", as recommended in the Committee's recent report on 'The EU referendum and EU reform'?
Image: Parliamentary copyright