The House of Lords EU Committee will next week take evidence via videoconference from the President of Eurojust as part of its inquiry into the impact of the European Public Prosecutor’s Office (EPPO) on non-participating Member States such as the UK.
Wednesday 7 May; Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Michèle Coninsx, President of Eurojust
The Committee will question the witness on a range of issues including:
- Does the potential heavy workload for the EPPO risk undermining its effectiveness from the outset?
- What impact is there of the creation of the EPPO upon the resources available to Eurojust?
- Will Member States that are not participating in the EPPO face disadvantages in their work with Eurojust?
- Will the creation of the EPPO mean Member States make fighting fraud against EU resources directly less of a priority?