On Wednesday 30 October, the Justice, Institutions and Consumer Affairs Sub-Committee of the EU Committee will hear oral evidence from the Director of the Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA), Morten Kjaerum; Philip Geddes, Member of the FRA Management Board for The UK; and Joanna Goodey, Head of Freedoms and Justice Department.
Wednesday 30 October, Committee Room 2A of the House of Lords
- Mr Morten Kjaerum, Director of the Fundamental Rights Agency
- Philip Geddes, Member of the FRA Management Board for the UK
- Joanna Goodey, Head of Freedoms and Justice Department
The Sub-Committee has been interested for some time in the work of the FRA and, in particular, the possible overlap with the work of the Council of Europe.
Questions for the witnesses will include:
- How is the FRA accountable?
- What is the relationship between the FRA and the Council of Europe?
- How does the role of the FRA differ from that of the Council of Europe’s Commissioner for Fundamental Rights?
- Are there any areas of duplication of work between the FRA and the Council of Europe?