Enforcement and dispute resolution post-Brexit explored with Ministers
27 March 2018
The House of Lords EU Justice Sub-Committee meets with Lucy Frazer QC MP and Suella Fernandes MP on Tuesday 27 March to discuss the options for enforcement and dispute resolution after Brexit.
Tuesday 27 March in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Ms Lucy Frazer QC MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice
- Ms Suella Fernandes MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department for Exiting the European Union
Topics for discussion include:
- What the Government's "red-line" on the CJEU will mean in practice.
- Which options remain if the CJEU and the EFTA Court are ruled out by the Government.
- Who should have jurisdiction over the Withdrawal Agreement.
- The potential for using different agreements for different areas of law e.g. trade, citizens' rights, and justice and home affairs.
- How the UK will avoid the weakening of individual's rights, and how it will retain access to civil justice cooperation.
More news on: Crime, civil law, justice and rights, Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Administration of justice, European Union, Courts, International law, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news, Exiting the European Union
Share this page