The EU Justice Sub-Committee concludes its follow-up inquiry into Brexit: citizens' rights by hearing from Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP, Minister of State for Immigration, Home Office
Tuesday 12 December in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Brandon Lewis, Minister of State for Immigration, Home Office
Topics for discussion
- What is the current status of negotiations on citizens' rights in light of the agreement on Friday?
- What evidence does the Government have about how EU citizens in the UK have responded to the uncertainty of Brexit?
- Why was the original system for EU citizens already in the UK applying for permanent residence so complicated?
- Why have a number of vulnerable EU citizens received letters suggesting that they should return ‘home’ or that they might be deported?
- What would be the legal impact of a 'no deal' scenario on UK citizens in the EU and EU citizens in the UK?