The EU Justice Sub-Committee holds an evidence session on Tuesday 31 October 2017, hearing from Dr Kirsty Hughes (University of Cambridge), Dr Dimitrios Giannoulopoulos (Britain in Europe/Brunel University), Prof Stijn Smismans (on behalf of the3million) and Ms Jane Golding, Chair British in Europe.
Tuesday 31 October in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Kirsty Hughes, University Lecturer in Public Law, Fellow & Director of Studies, Clare College, University of Cambridge
- Dr Dimitrios Giannoulopoulos, College Associate Dean & Senior Lecturer in Law, Brunel University London, Director Britain in Europe
- Prof Stijn Smismans, Professor of Law, School of Law and Politics and Director of the Centre for European Law and Governance, Cardiff University (on behalf of the3million)
- Ms Jane Golding, Chair British in Europe
Topics for discussion
- The progress that has been made towards an agreement on citizens' rights for EU nationals in the UK and UK nationals in the EU;
- The main hurdles for reaching an agreement on citizens' rights;
- The impact on individuals of the delay in guaranteeing residence rights;
- The legal impact of a 'no deal' scenario;
- The protections offered to UK and EU nationals under human rights law; and
- The enforcement of any agreement post-Brexit.