The EU Internal Market Sub-Committee holds an evidence session with the Secretary of State for Transport to discuss future UK-EU arrangements on road, rail and maritime transport and contingency planning for the sector in the event of no deal.
Wednesday 14 November, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Chris Grayling MP, Secretary of State for Transport
- Lucy Chadwick, Director General, International, Security and Environment Group, Department for Transport
- Martin Jones, Deputy Director, EU Division, Department for Transport
Questions likely to be covered in the session include:
- Will the EU exit work streams led by the Department for Transport be delivered on time?
- If the UK and the EU reach a deal, what can we expect on potential future UK-EU transport arrangements from the Political Declaration?
- What access arrangements will the Government seek for (i) road hauliers and (ii) passenger transport operators as part of a future UK-EU relationship?
- How advanced is progress on the rail bilateral agreements and what will they cover?
- What opportunities does Brexit present to boost the UK’s maritime sector?
Image: Parliamentary copyright