EU Internal Market Sub-Committee continues taking evidence on their inquiry "Brexit: future trade between the UK and EU in services" from Ministers from the Department for Transport, Department for Culture, Media and Sport, and Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Thursday 19 January in Committee Room 4a, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Minister of State for Digital and Culture, Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Lord Tariq Mahmood Ahmad of Wimbledon, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport, Department for Transport
- Dr Jesse Norman MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for Industry and Energy, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Possible questions for witnesses:
- What deal does the Government want for trade in non-financial services with the EU? What deal would meet the Government’s red lines?
- What will the Government do if the UK leaves the Single Market without a UK/EU trade deal in April 2019?
- What assessment has the Government made of the rights of establishment or market access for firms from third countries into EU Member States in business services such as accountancy, law and management consulting?
- What risk does being outside the Single Market pose for airlines based in the UK providing services to the EU?
- Can the Government reassure broadcasters based in the UK that they will be able to continue to provide services to EU Member States after Brexit?