The Sub-Committee takes evidence from Ofcom at a one-off evidence session on the EU’s Connectivity Package. Subsequently, the Sub-Committee will hear from BT Group plc, Telefónica, and Viber.
Thursday 2 February in Committee Room 4a, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Stephen Unger, Board Member and Group Director, Ofcom
- Adrian Whitchurch, Vice President of European Affairs, BT Group plc
- Nicholas Blades, Director - Regulation, Competition and Data Policy, Telefónica SA
- Michael Shmilov, Chief Operating Officer, Viber
- Could the proposed changes to relax competition rules in order incentivise investment in infrastructure for hard-to-reach areas harm consumers?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks to the proposed harmonisation of key aspects of spectrum management across the EU for the industry and the end-consumer?
- Will the measures in the draft Electronic Communications Code contribute to more efficient allocation of spectrum in the UK and the rollout of next generation technology such as 5G; and if so how?
- Do the proposed changes to Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC) strengthen the influence of the European Commission and potentially weaken that of National Regulatory Authorities, like Ofcom?