The EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee takes evidence from experts on extradition and the challenges for negotiating a security treaty with the EU, as well as what such a treaty might cover.
Wednesday 18 April 2018, Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Nick Vamos, Partner, Peters and Peters Solicitors LLP
- Professor John Spencer CBE, Professor Emeritus of Law, University of Cambridge
- Which Member States do you believe will refuse to extradite their own nationals during the transition period?
- Where there is a refusal to extradite own nationals, what arrangements should apply where an EAW was issued before Brexit day for the relevant persons, but not yet executed?
- Do you see a need for new institutions to be established to facilitate extradition between the UK and EU and vice versa, once the UK leaves the EU?