The EU Home Affairs Sub-Committee takes evidence from advocacy organisations on the potential effect on the rights of individuals of the proposed UK-EU security treaty, as well how such rights might be protected after Brexit.
Wednesday 25 April 2018, Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- George Wilson, EU Law and Policy Specialist, Liberty
- Javier Ruiz Diaz, Policy Director, Open Rights Group
- What sort of provisions would you hope would be included in the proposed treaty, in order to secure the rights of individuals?
- What will be the consequences of the UK's withdrawal from the Charter of Fundamental Rights for the effect that the security treaty might have on the rights of individuals?
- Do you have any concerns that personal data will be able to be accessed more easily by the Government once the UK has left the EU?