The EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee continues its inquiry into financial regulation and supervision post-Brexit with evidence from the Economic Secretary to the Treasury.
Tuesday 5 December 2017 in Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Stephen Barclay MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, HM Treasury
- Could a split domestic/international regulatory regime be workable?
- How is the Government providing legal certainty to the financial services industry through the Withdrawal Bill process?
- Should we be concerned that equivalence decisions may render the UK a rule-taker?
- What are the most significant regulatory barriers to the UK’s international competitiveness that Brexit will allow the Government to address?
- Are you optimistic that Brexit will actually lead to the opportunity for more regulatory tailoring?