EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee takes evidence on the impact of Brexit on innovative companies' access to the European Investment Bank (EIB) and its subsidiary, the European Investment Fund (EIF).
Wednesday 31 October in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Giles Derrington, Head of Policy, techUK
- Tim Hames, Director General, British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association
- Victoria Roberts, Head of Government Affairs and Policy, Innovate Finance
Questions likely to be asked include:
- What are the main benefits of working with the EIF? How does it support access to finance for small and innovative firms?
- How does the EIF's presence in the UK compare with other countries? Has this changed since the referendum?
- What would the impact on your sectors be if the Government took no action in response to the UK losing access to the EIB/EIF?
- Should the Government seek to replace existing EU programmes that support access to finance for innovative firms?