The EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee is holding two oral evidence panels involving representatives from industry groups, including the City of London Corporation, UK Finance, the International Regulatory Strategy Group and the Association for Financial Markets in Europe.
Wednesday 18 October 2017 in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster.
- Mark Hoban, Chairman, Flood Re and Chairman, IRSG
- Rachel Kent, Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Catherine McGuinness, Policy Chairman, City of London Corporation
- Stephen Jones, Chief Executive, UK Finance
- Simon Lewis, Chief Executive, Association for Financial Markets in Europe
Likely areas of discussion
The Committee is examining how financial regulation and supervision can evolve following Brexit in order to ensure financial stability, and potentially to maintain equivalence or some other form of close relationship between the UK and EU regulatory regimes in order to preserve market access.
Questions the Committee are likely to ask include:
- How the EU (Withdrawal) Bill process will impact upon financial services?
- What the key priorities of the UK financial services sector are for regulation and supervision?
- How aligned the priorities and requirements of the UK and EU financial services sectors are on future regulation and supervision?
- How deep industry support across the EU is for a future agreement on mutual access?