The EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee discusses with experts the impact of Brexit and the movement of financial services firms, in a one-off evidence session.
Wednesday 3 April 2019 in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Andrew Pilgrim, Associate Partner,Government Financial Services, EY
- William Wright, Managing Director, New Financial
- How have firms in the financial services industry responded to Brexit? What is the scale of relocations in terms of staff, business activity and assets?
- Which financial centres in the EU27 have benefitted the most from Brexit-related relocations and what explains their success in attracting people and assets?
- How do movements differ between sectors?
- How much scope is there to stop or reverse these movements at this point in the Brexit process?