Expert witnesses give evidence on post-Brexit contractual continuity
16 May 2018
EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee speaks to industry experts on post-Brexit contractual continuity
Wednesday 16 May 2018 in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Christopher Bates, Clifford Chance
- Professor Hugh Beale, University of Warwick
- Simon Firth, Linklaters
- How will contractual continuity pose a problem for the financial services sector post-Brexit?
- When does a solution need to be reached by to avoid problems?
- The creation of the euro involved the repapering of a vast number of contracts; are there lessons to be learned from this experience?
- Can firms service contracts if they no longer have an entity authorised in the Member State in which they provide services?
- Are firms beginning to have conversations with their clients about the risks involved in continuing to service contracts or are they waiting for the UK and EU authorities to reach agreement?
- Can the UK or EU take unilateral action to deal with the problem?
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, European Union, EU law and treaties, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news, Exiting the European Union
Share this page