EU Financial Affairs Committee holds seminar on the Greek crisis
15 July 2015
The House of Lords EU Financial Affairs Sub-Committee hosts a public seminar with experts on the current economic and financial situation in Greece.
The seminar will take place at 10.15am on Wednesday 15 July in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster.
- Professor Charles Goodhart, London School of Economics
- Dr Spyros Economides, London School of Economics
- Professor Rosa María Lastra, Queen Mary University of London
- Professor Richard Portes, London Business School
- Dr Holger Schmieding, Chief Economist at Berenberg Bank
- Roger Bootle, Economist and Managing Director at Capital Economics.
The Seminar provides an update on the current situation in Greece, looks back at past mistakes and reflects on new potential agreements between Greece and its European counterparts.
- Greece's current budgetary and economic outlook, including the recent referendum in Greece and its impact on current negotiations
- The tension between Greece wanting to stay in the euro and necessary reforms needing to be undertaken
- Greece's banking system and the role of the ECB
- Rebuilding trust and commitment within the euro area
- Are there any negative spill-over effects for the UK?
More news on: Economy and finance, Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Economic situation, European Union, Economic and monetary union, World economy, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news, Business, industry and consumers
Share this page