The EU External Affairs Sub-Committee holds an evidence session as part of its inquiry, Brexit: customs arrangements, with Chris Walker from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).
Thursday 17 May 2018 in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Mr Chris Walker, Policy Chair for Trade, FSB.
- How much of the administrative work when trading with non-EU countries is handled by small businesses themselves, and how much is outsources to freight forwarders and other intermediaries, such as customs brokers?
- Which of the two options outlined in the Government's future partnership paper on customs would be preferable to UK small businesses and why? What would the impact be on the supply chains of small businesses of either option?
- What will the cost implications be for UK small businesses of either proposed customs arrangement, in terms of staff and financial resources?
- To what extent has the Government consulted the FSB about its proposed customs arrangements, and at what level and frequency?