The EU External Affairs Sub-Committee holds a double evidence session as part of its inquiry, Brexit: Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) missions, with Lord Ricketts and Pierre Vimont.
Thursday 8 March 2018, Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Lord Ricketts, former British Ambassador to France
- Mr Pierre Vimont, Senior Fellow, Carnegie Europe
- What is your assessment of the importance of Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) missions to the UK's pursuit of its foreign policy priorities?
- Should CSDP missions be part of a transitional arrangement between the UK and the EU?
- How might UK participation in CSDP missions be achieved in practice? What might be the most workable option for co-operation?
- Will Brexit lead to a further increase of UK-French bilateral security and defence co-operation? How might this relate to the UK's relationship on defence and security with the EU?
Image: Parliamentary copyright