Sub-Committee to hear from energy sector representatives
22 October 2014
The Lords Sub-Committee investigating Regional Marine Co-operation will hear from organisations in the energy sector.
The House of Lords EU Sub-Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy will hear from industry and organisations involved in the energy sector in relation to its ongoing inquiry into Regional Marine Co-Operation.
From 11.00am on Wednesday 29 October 2014 the House of Lords EU Sub-Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy will hear evidence from:
- Nick Medic, Director of Offshore Renewables at RenewableUK
- Jacopo Moccia, Head of Political Affairs, European Wind Energy Association
- Is there a lack of co-ordination and coherence between EU policies affecting the marine environment?
- What are the most significant problems that when operating in the North Sea Basin alongside other sectors and marine activities?
- What initiatives currently exist to facilitate co-ordination within the energy sector across Member States and in particular, in the North Sea Basin? What progress has been made in recent years?
- Are there specific activities that would benefit from increased co-operation? What about the opportunities for the deployment of new technologies, alignment of regional energy strategies and infrastructure projects?
- What can be done to minimise conflict between the energy, shipping and fishing sectors and other sea users?
- What role would a North Sea Grid play in the large scale deployment of marine renewables? What developments in data sharing would need to take place?
- What effective cross-sectoral co-operation and transnational co-operation exists?
More news on: Energy and environment, Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Environmental protection, Marine protection, European Union, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news
Share this page