The House of Lords EU Sub-Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy will take evidence from Dan Rogerson MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Water, Forestry, Rural Affairs and Resource Management.
Tuesday 21 January; Committee Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
- Dan Rogerson MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Water, Forestry, Rural Affairs and Resource Management.
In the session with Mr Rogerson MP the Committee will question the Minister on a range of issues including:
- Why Government policy is still driven by uncertainty about the cost effectiveness of food waste prevention when evidence suggests there could be significant savings for the manufacturing and retail industries in reducing food waste?
- Whether the Government would like to see the European Commission make reducing food waste a higher priority?
- Why Defra has decided to reduce funding for WRAP, which is tasked with reducing food waste, by £10m a year?
- How food waste should be defined and whether a standard and simple definition should be introduced?
- Whether efforts to reduce food waste are too heavily directed at the consumer and should greater focus should be made on food waste higher up the supply chain?
- Whether the tight rules preventing the feeding of food waste to animals should be reassessed?