The Lords Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy EU Sub-Committee will question representatives of the WWF and the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) on Wednesday 30 January, in the latest evidence session in its inquiry into EU energy policy.
At 11am, Wednesday 30 January, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Jason Anderson, Head of European Climate and Energy Policy, European Policy Office, WWF; and
- Dr Matthew Brown, Head of Energy and Climate Change, CBI.
The Committee will use the session to explore with the witnesses issues including:
- the extent to which green energy can create jobs and boost the economy;
- the challenge of financing investment in the energy sector over the next decade;
- their contrasting views on the EU’s future energy and climate change targets;
- how Member states and the Commission can be encouraged to give Carbon Capture and Storage technology the priority it requires; and
- how the EU can develop a greater interconnection between Europe’s power grids.