The EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee questions the
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Environment on the potential impact of Brexit on the UK's trade in waste
Wednesday 10 January in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Thérèse Coffey MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)
Areas of discussion
The UK exports millions of tonnes of waste to the EU each year for processing, and Committee Members will ask the Minister what impact Brexit might have on this. Topics likely to be discussed include:
- Whether Brexit could result in more waste being sent to landfill.
- Potential post-Brexit tariffs.
- Particular impacts on the island of Ireland and on Gibraltar.
- Opportunities to develop new policies and legislation.
- The impact of the Chinese decision to restrict waste imports.
Image: Parliamentary copyright