Academics give evidence to Committee on agricultural price volatility
09 December 2015
The EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee takes evidence from academics on price volatility and agricultural resilience.
Wednesday 9 December in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Wyn Morgan, University of Sheffield
- Professor Tim Lloyd, Bournemouth University
- Professor Steve McCorriston, University of Exeter
- What is price volatility and what does it entail?
- What are the root causes of price volatility?
- How volatile are prices in reality?
- Has greater exposure to the global agricultural markets had an impact on price volatility in the UK and the EU?
- Are there regional disparities in price volatility, which are separate to those stemming from varieties in the types of farming?
- How does public policy, and in particular the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), influence price volatility in the EU?
More news on: Agriculture, animals, food and rural affairs, Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Agriculture, European Union, Common Agricultural Policy, Farmers, Food, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news
Share this page