On Monday 16 December, experts in the field of employment are among the witnesses giving evidence to the Lords' Committee investigating EU proposals to get more young people into work.
Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Ms Kari Hadjivassiliou, Principal Research Fellow,
Institute for Employment Studies
- Mr Massimiliano Mascherini, Research Manager, Employment and Change (EMPC), Eurofound
- Professor Robin Simmons, University of Huddersfield
At approximately 5.15pm:
- Hushpreet Dhaliwal, CEO, The National Association of College
and University Entrepreneurs (NACUE)
- Rachel Wenstone, Deputy President, National Union of Students
- Chris Neal,The British Youth Council / UK Representative For the European Youth Forum (and UK Young Ambassador)
The Committee will ask witnesses whether the EU programmes need to come up with different responses for different sorts of young people without work.
Other questions the Committee will ask include:
- What can be done to improve the representation of young people in the process of getting them back into work?
- How have Member States used the European Social Fund across Europe and is it getting results?
- Do young people have enough input into to design of support measures which aim to tackle unemployment?
- Should there be more of a focus on employers as part of the solution, and if so, how?
- Where are the gaps in the EU’s knowledge about how best to address the problem?