On Thursday 26 February, the House of Lords EU External Affairs Sub-Committee will take evidence from Mr Edward Barker, Head of the Transatlantic and International Unit, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).
The evidence session will provide an update on the TTIP negotiations, following the publication of the Committee’s report on the TTIP in May 2014, and the Government’s response to the Committee’s report published in July 2014.
The evidence session will take place on Thursday 26 February in Committee Room 1, House of Lords.
- At 10.05am: Mr Edward Barker, Head of the Transatlantic and International Unit, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- What is a likely timetable for political agreement on the TTIP?
- What is the ‘state of play’ in the negotiations?
- What is the US position on the inclusion of financial services into the TTIP?
- How does the crisis in Ukraine affect the issue of energy exports within the TTIP?
- What is the level of public debate within Member States on investor state dispute settlement?
- What evidence is there regarding evolving public opinion on the TTIP in the UK?