Corporate Europe Observatory questioned on proposed EU/US trade deal
06 March 2014
The House of Lords Committee investigating the prospective trade deal between the EU and the US will quiz the Corporate Europe Observatory on their criticisms of the partnership.
Thursday 6th March 2014, Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
At 10.05am via video-conference
- Pia Eberhardt, Corporate Europe Observatory
The Corporate Europe Observatory have said that the talks on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) are overly secretive, and that the deal could be detrimental for consumers and workers.
Questions the witness may face include:
- What is the position of Corporate Europe Observatory towards the TTIP?
- Do you have specific concerns about the TTIP as compared to previous free trade agreements negotiated by the EU?
- How are you organising your campaign against the TTIP?
- How satisfied are you with the transparency and accountability of the TTIP process?
- What do you see as the role that corporate lobbying is playing in the TTIP negotiations?
- Are you concerned about TTIP leading to decreased standards on food safety and data privacy – why do you believe this to be the case?
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Business, industry and consumers, European Union, EU external relations, International trade, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news
Share this page