The Economic Affairs Finance Bill Sub-Committee hears evidence from a panel of accountancy and taxation bodies on HMRC powers and Making Tax Digital for VAT, as part of the Sub-Committee’s inquiry on the 2018 draft Finance Bill.
Wednesday 10 October in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Charlotte Barbour (Director of Taxation, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland ICAS)
- John Cullinane (Tax Policy Director, Chartered Institute of Taxation CIOT)
- Frank Haskew (Tax Technical Manager, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales ICAEW)
- Chas Roy-Chowdhury (Head of Taxation, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants ACCA Global)
- How concerning is the development of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs' (HMRC) powers over the last few years?
- How can tax avoidance be tackled effectively without undermining safeguards for taxpayers?
- Are businesses, HMRC and software companies ready for the full introduction of Making Tax Digital for VAT in April 2019?
- What further evidence is emerging, as businesses prepare for April 2019, of the costs and benefits of mandatory digitalisation?