Rupert Soames, CEO of Aggreko plc, will be questioned by the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee on Tuesday 20 November, as part of their inquiry into the impact on the UK economy of Scottish independence.
At 3.35pm, Tuesday 20 November, Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Mr Rupert Soames, Chief Executive, Aggreko
The Committee will quiz Mr Soames on issues including:
- the advantages – and disadvantages – for business in an independent Scotland
- the implications for his business should an independent Scotland introduce a different rate of corporation tax and whether tax relief would be affected
- how important the UK’s membership of the EU and its single market is and, therefore, how damaging would any uncertainty be to Aggreko of an independent Scotland becoming a member of the EU
- whether independence would encourage a spurt of innovative and entrepreneurial energy