The Economic Affairs Committee takes evidence on the challenges for social care funding from the Alzheimer’s Society, the Royal Mencap Society and Versus Arthritis.
Tuesday 16 October in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Dominic Carter, Policy Manager, Alzheimer's Society
- Kari Gerstheimer, Director of Advice and Information, Royal Mencap
- Tracey Loftis, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, Versus Arthritis
- How well does the current social care system in England work for the people that these charities support?
- What are the funding challenges for social care?
- Is the present means-tested system fair?
- Should there be greater integration between health and social care? If so, how can this be achieved?
- Are there any international or UK practices that England could learn from in the delivery of social care?