The Economic Affairs Committee continues its follow up work on High Speed 2, examining the benefits and challenges of the project and the alternative options for rail investment.
Tuesday 19 February in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Bridget Rosewell CBE, Founder, Volterra
- Chris Stokes, Independent Rail Consultant
- How likely do you think it is that HS2 will be delivered within the £56 billion budget?
- To what extent do you think the prioritisation of rail projects has been thought through properly by Government?
- Do you agree with Sir Terry Morgan, former chairman of HS2 Ltd, that it was a mistake to call it 'High Speed 2'?
- Which of HS2 and the Northern Powerhouse Rail project do you think is the better bet for generating economic growth?
- Is the recent reduction in the growth in demand for long distance rail travel a concern for the business case for HS2?
- Do you agree with the Committee's 2015 report that the main beneficiaries of overcrowding relief from HS2 will be London commuters?
Image credit: Parliamentary Copyright