The Economic Affairs Committee follows up on its inquiry 'The Economics of UK Energy Policy' in a one-off session with Tom Greatrex, Chief Executive, Nuclear Industry Association and Professor Dieter Helm CBE, Professor of Energy Policy and Fellow in Economics, University of Oxford.
Tuesday 12 February in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Tom Greatrex, Chief Executive, Nuclear Industry Association
- Professor Dieter Helm CBE, Professor of Energy Policy and Fellow in Economics, University of Oxford
- Is it time for the Government to review the case for supporting nuclear power?
- How confident are you that Hinkley Point C will be opened in 2025 within budget?
- In response to our report, the Government said it would take decisions in 2020/21 as to alternative capacity in the event of a delay to Hinkley Point. Is that a sensible approach?
- What steps is the industry taking to meet the target of a 30 per cent reduction in the cost of new build projects by 2030? Will nuclear be competitive with renewables without those reductions?
- Do you agree with the recommendation in our report that power auctions should be overseen by a new Energy Commission?