The Economic Affairs Committee takes evidence from Professor Dieter Helm for its inquiry into the UK Energy Market.
Tuesday 12 July in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Dieter Helm, Professor at the University of Oxford, Fellow of New College, Oxford
Areas the session covers include
- To what extent has energy policy effectively renationalised the energy sector in the UK?
- Is the UK's future energy supply dependent on Hinkley Point and other new nuclear stations being built?
- Should the UK Government have done more to support the development of shale gas reserves?
- Has the Government done enough to encourage energy efficiency?