Lord Chancellor gives annual evidence to Constitution Committee
09 May 2018
The Constitution Committee holds its annual evidence session with the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, Rt Hon. David Gauke MP.
- Rt Hon. David Gauke MP, Lord Chancellor and Secretary of Sate for Justice
- What distinctions do you see between your roles as Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice?
- What do you see as your responsibilities in respect of the constitution? What role do you play in the discussion of wider constitutional issues within government?
- What steps are you taking to improve the efficiency of the justice system to reduce the costs associated with delays and the impact it has on the people involved?
- What concerns do you have about recent high-profile failures in criminal cases related to evidence disclosure? What steps will the Government take to ensure the justice system works effectively in this regard?
Image: Parliamentary copyright
More news on: Crime, civil law, justice and rights, Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Administration of justice, Courts, Legal profession, Civil law, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news
Share this page