The Constitution Committee hears evidence from the Rt. Hon. Lord Newby, Leader of Liberal Democrat Peers, and The Rt Hon. Lord Hope of Craighead, Convenor of Crossbench Peers on Wednesday 5th September as part of its ongoing inquiry into the legislative process.
Wednesday 5 September in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Rt. Hon. Lord Newby
- Rt. Hon. Lord Hope of Craighead
- How effective is Parliament's scrutiny of bills?
- Do the two Houses complement each other effectively in the consideration of bills?
- Where clauses or parts of a bill have not been debated in the House of Commons, should the House of Lords treat them differently?
- How well does the process of scheduling business by the 'usual channels' work in the House of Lords?
- How effectively does Parliament communicate its legislative scrutiny work? How can the wider understanding of the legislative process be improved?
Image: Parliamentary copyright