On Wednesday 18 April the Constitution Committee hears evidence from Department for Exiting the European Union Ministers Steve Baker MP and Suella Braverman MP. The session covers the Government’s commitment to a 'meaningful vote' on the EU Withdrawal Bill, and the expected Withdrawal and Implementation Bill that will follow.
Wednesday 18 April in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Steve Baker MP
- Suella Braverman MP
- Is the 'meaningful vote' a choice between accepting the Withdrawal Agreement in full or leaving the European Union without a deal?
- How does the Government envisage Parliament's scrutiny of the Withdrawal Agreement and the political declaration on the framework of the future relationship?
- How long do you expect parliamentarians and committees will have to examine the Agreement and the political declaration before the 'meaningful vote' is held?
- Will the Government publish a full analysis of the impact of the Withdrawal Agreement as part of the explanatory materials accompanying the Withdrawal Agreement and Implementation Bill?
- Will the Withdrawal Agreement and Implementation Bill need legislative consent from the devolved legislatures?