The Constitution Committee questions the Leader of the House of Commons Andrea Leadsom MP and the Leader of the House of Lords Baroness Evans of Bowes Park as part of the Committee’s ongoing inquiry into the legislative process.
Wednesday 24 October in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Andrea Leadsom MP, Leader of the House of Commons
- Rt Hon Baroness Evans of Bowes Park, Leader of the House of Lords
- What is the process for the Government's consideration of and response to select committee reports on bills? How are lessons learned and disseminated across Government?
- Do the two Houses complement each other effectively in the consideration of bills?
- How effectively does the scheduling of business work in the House of Lords?
- Would allowing more time between the stages of a bill improve parliamentary scrutiny?
- How effective do you think the current mechanisms are for public engagement in the legislative process?
- What is your assessment of the public's understanding of the legislative process?
Image: Parliamentary copyright