What is the future of commercial radio as a news provider?
11 May 2020
The Communications and Digital Committee holds its next evidence session on the future of journalism, in a virtual meeting.
The meeting examines commercial radio in the UK and its role as a news provider, explores funding for innovative news organisations and discusses the challenges and opportunities for smaller organisations.
Tuesday 12 May at 3.00pm
- Adam Thomas, Director, European Journalism Centre
- Anna Hamilos, Senior Programme Manager, Nesta
- Jimmy Buckland, Director of Strategy, Wireless Group and Managing Director, Wireless Studios
- Will Harding, Chief Strategy Officer, Global Media & Entertainment
Questions likely to be asked across both panels include:
- What are the biggest challenges faced by journalism start-ups seeking a sustainable business model?
- How have digital technologies changed the production and consumption of commercial radio?
- What are the most successful examples of innovation?
More news on: Culture, media and sport, Parliament, government and politics, Science and technology, Information technology, Parliament, Media, Broadcasting, Press, House of Lords news, Committee news, Broadcasting
Share this page