The Communications Committee holds its final evidence sessions for its inquiry into the future of public service broadcasting in the age of video on demand. The committee questions Ofcom and Margot James MP, the Minister for Digital and the Creative Industries.
Tuesday 9 July, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Kevin Bakhurst, Group Director, Content and Media Policy, Ofcom
- Margot James MP, Minister for Digital and the Creative Industries, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
Topics for discussion
Possible topics for discussion with Ofcom include:
- PSB prominence
- Its relationship with the BBC
- How to define and assess the value of public service broadcasting
- Whether pay-TV and cable providers should pay public service broadcasters for carrying their content
- Whether cost inflation has impaired the ability of public service broadcasters to make high-end productions.
Possible topics for discussion with the Minister include:
- Supporting diversity of talent, both on and off screen, and regional productions
- The High-End TV tax relief
- Regulation of broadcast and online advertising
- The apprenticeship levy and if it is working for the creative industries.
Image: Parliamentary copyright