On Tuesday 25 October, the Communications Committee look at the role that internet service providers (ISPs) play in safeguarding children on the internet.
The Committee's investigation is looking into the risks and dangers presented to children by the internet, as well as the benefits, and also online governance and regulation.
Tuesday 25 October, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Adam Kinsley, Director of Policy, Sky
- Paul Morris, Head of Government Affairs and Sustainability, Vodafone
Areas of discussion
Questions which the Committee will ask include:
- What is the role of an ISP in regards to keeping children safe online?
- Do you agree with self-regulation within the industry as the best approach?
- How effective are filters?
- Should internet filters be set to on by default?
- How do you respond to criticisms of the system for changing the filters?
- Could online platforms such as Google be doing more?