The House of Lords has set up a Committee on Citizenship and Civic Engagement. We've asked for formal evidence, but we also want to know how you feel we could all work together to make a better society.
- Why do so many groups in society appear to feel disengaged and 'left behind'? How could they be supported and encouraged to participate more in public life?
- Are there specific values or beliefs that are important within British society?
- What role might citizenship education play in terms of promoting shared values and the skills necessary to engage in society?
- What are the main barriers to civic engagement and – more importantly – how might they be removed?
- Where are the examples of successful innovation, positive role models or new forms of civic engagement?
You don't have to try and answer all of these questions and please feel free to pose questions that you think are important and deserve discussion. The Committee is committed to trying to understand how people from different communities, backgrounds and parts of the UK feel about these issues. Comments will be used to inform the Committee's thinking on this issue.
This forum is pre-moderated and comments that breach the online discussion rules will not be posted. Any allegations made against specific individuals or companies may be edited to remove identifying information before being posted.
This forum is now closed to new submissions.