The Committee on Citizenship and Civic Engagement will take evidence from the Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers (USDAW), CIPD the professional body for human resources, the Inter Faith Network and Lord Phillips of Sudbury at its meeting on Wednesday 22 November.
Wednesday 22 November, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Ms Fiona Wilson, Head of Research and Economics, USDAW
- Ms Katerina Rudiger, Chief Community Officer, CIPD
- Rt Rev Richard Atkinson, Inter Faith Network
Possible areas of discussion:
- How do you view the current state of civic engagement in the UK?
What more does Government need to do to improve civic engagement?
- How have changes in the labour market influenced civic engagement?
- What role should unions play in enabling civic engagement amongst their membership?
- What more should employers be doing to encourage integration through the workplace?
- What do you see as the role of faith communities in promoting civic engagement?
- What barriers do people of faith face in engaging? How could these barriers be removed?
Image: Parliamentary copyright